Vancouver Day 1


I reached city at noon and getting to downtown is easy with Skytrain.  I bought Compass card which was convenient and you get discount on trips. The stay was near to Vancouver City Center stop and I walked to stay. I finished the check in formalities and had a cursory look at the activities offered by the hostel. I had not had lunch, so went to community kitchen and prepared something edible. I was to meet my friend in the evening. Before that, went to Canada Place which is port and in summer, cruises to Alaska depart from here. I walked around around and observed so many homeless folks in the CBD. BTW, Cannabis in Canada is legal for both recreational and medicinal purposes.

I met my friend who had taken a break from his work at a coffee bar. Spoke at lengths and asked if I had any plans in the later part of the day. I said , nothing in particular and he invited to join him and his sister for the Christmas market.

His office was almost opposite to my stay, so I said,  message when you are out . I relaxed for sometime and covered myself in layers as it was getting cold. We walked downtown, crossing Microsoft office, Canada place and finally reached the destination. His sister was waiting for us and I bought the ticket for 16$. A single dollar more would would fetch you unlimited entries.

We were given a puzzle, on completion would get us a prize . We started solving it, visiting stalls and eating whatever looks fancy and appealing. We had SpƤtzle from German stall,  Chimney Cake from Hungary stall and Mulled Wine again from another German stall. There were non-alcholic option too.  We did complete the puzzle and we had to rotate the wheel to know our gift. I received a fridge magnet.  We all left , not before taking some photos.

Successfully Completed the Puzzle and Treasure Hunt

Christmas Market

Christmas Market

Christmas Market

Christmas Market 

Spatzle in Preparation

Muller Wine

Christmas Market

Final Spatzle Product


Christmas Market

Chimney Cake

Comments